Thursday, March 1, 2012

I told you someone was going to get hurt

If I have to look at one more picture of one more horse that wasn't properly taught to jump and is flinging its self over a fence because that's all it knows how to do I'm literally going to throw up! 

[badriding6.jpg]

I will no longer offer suggestions to people who are friends on how they can improve their horses jump.  Obviously there are lots of trainers out there who can do it better and would no way ever use a grid/gymnastics exercise to teach a horse to use its self over a fence rather than haphazardly flinging its self.  Because its better just to keep raising the fences, eventually they will figure it out.  And I'm I'll remember that I'm so old school in my thinking that horses need A LOT of flatwork before being put to fences.....because you know there isn't oh like 1000 strides in each over fences course verses the 10 jumps. 



I have said a million times, your gonna get hurt if you keep doing things the same way with horses over huge fences that really have no idea how to jump.  But what do I know, lets just blame it on something else...And all you top notch professionals out there that are in it for the money or keep students by making them happy with bigger fences you are doing nothing more than downgrading the future of the equestrian sport.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How did I miss this? I guess it got lost in the TMT frenzy. Anyway, keep up the good fight. You might feel like Don Quixote tilting at windmills, but maybe, just maybe someone is listening....

Kelly said...

LOL I'm trying. But I suspect, that the people who are listening to me are the ones who don't need this lesson :(