Thursday, November 17, 2011

Week 2 of updates and I'm keeping up

Didn't do a whole lot in the way of dogs last week, considering it gets dark at 5:30 I can't get much in other than a quick walk. I did make it out to Rural Hill for the trial last Saturday.   Had a great time and met some new people.  I wish I had a dog that was ready to run but maybe next year :)

I got to go out to a friends and work sheep on Sunday.  Its the first time my dogs have worked in over 2 months because I am rebuilding my sheep flock.  They were both great!  Jen was driving quite well and not looking back at me so much.  And Dutch was looking nice as well, his outruns still need work but they are getting better.  I finally got to work the dog I have on trial, Hep, she was very nice to work and was taking my rendition of her whistles!

I'm still on my quest to be nice.  Its trying at times.  Especially when people who are supposed to be your friends stab you knowingly in the back.  It just reiterates to me why I don't have many close friends.  Maybe that's what I need to learn, how to be acquaintances with someone without being their friend or truly letting them in my life.  Whatever it is I'm trying to push forward with this lesson!

1 comment:

Doniene said...

Hi, Kelly, always nice to get work dogs! Glad that you could have the opportunity and it went well. Have a great weekend!!

Blessings