Friday, November 4, 2011

TMT a day late and probably a dollar short :)



Yes, Yes I know I'm late this week...whats new???


But here we go anyway!

1. What are you thankful for this week?

I'm thankful I have a job that sometimes pays the bills, I'm thankful that i'm done dealing with the lady with horrid Rottweilers that she doesn't keep contained.  And most of of i'm thankful for the strength I find within myself, especially on the days where I feel like everything is falling down on top of me!  Oh yeah and Tucker and the dogs because they don't get mad when I take it all out on them ;)

2. How do you deal with a squeaker/shrieker/noisy dog?

Ummm they leave?  Seriously I can hear dogs if they roll over in crates, I can't take shrieking.  I have one now that does some talking and we are working on correcting that EVERY SINGLE TIME.  But she doesn't do it much inside.  Its like nails on a chalkboard to me...

3. Barbara wants to know: what would you say is ONE skill or attribute needed to be successful?

I have to agree with Laura on this one.  I think anyone who is determined to do something is going to make it happen.  I think they also have to have the strength within themselves to overcome the obstacles that get in there way as well.  Ok so that's 2 shoot me..... 

4. Pippin wants to know: what are your favorite games?
Games?  I mean I regularly attend baseball games but that can be attributed to the fact that my son plays baseball.  And I don't mean just baseball in the spring...the only time we dont' play baseball is in the dead of winter.  I may complain about baseball but I really do love it.  I mean I dated baseball players in college.  I have withdrawals when we dont' have baseball and have no idea what to do with my extra time for weeks after it ends. 

But that wasn't the question.  I don't think I play any games...Well...nah I'll just hush

5. What are some of your strategies for dealing with winter?

I hate cold!  I dont deal well with winter.  It makes me cold and tired just thinking about it.  I like LOOKING at snow but really don't want to go out in in.  I do love to snowski but I like it in the spring when the snow is slushy and its warm enough for a light jacket :)

I have a VERY old house that does heat well, so basically we freeze all winter and live under blankets.  My dogs are all hot natured so they love it.  I however do not and make them snuggle up with me at night.  I'm looking at a woodstove this weekend to add to the house.  Then that can fuel my OCD to be in a state of panic about burning the house down daily!

1 comment:

Laura Carson said...

I was wondering what the rottie woman situation was now. Glad you're done with her. Did she do right by you? Well, I mean, as right as could be in this situation???

Been thinking of you!