Thursday, November 10, 2011

A new leaf?

Since we aren't doing TMT until after Christmas I thought I would try to keep up with updating my blog on Thursdays anyway.  Its week one so we will see how I do :)

There are some changes at the farm.  This spring/summer my 2 first dogs went over the bridge to be free of pain and suffering.  Emma passed when her bone cancer got too bad to bear and Oliver passed unexpectedly from hermangiosarcoma.  It was a sad time with both of them going but I will say I know they are no longer in pain and will be waiting at the bridge for me when it is my time.

So I was down to 4 dogs of my own Jen, Dutch, Duke and Spottie.  Spottie will be 14 on Monday and recently had a stroke type event so I'm not sure how much longer she will be with us either.  She is enjoying her newfound freedom in the house, at least in her old age she is somewhat trustworthy!  There are a few dogs at my house on trial.  We will see how they work out in the end but for now I have a trio of tri's.

I'm trying something new with myself.  I typically shy away from people, I don't like people, don't like people in my business and would prefer to be alone.  But for 1 month I am going to try to be outgoing and meet new people.  It is going to be a BIG stretch for me but I figure anything that doesn't kill us makes us stronger.  If I don't die from this maybe I will be a stronger person when it is all over?

Oh and I need to update on my survivor sheep.  Buddy is doing well, his wounds have healed and he is his typical goofy self again.  Dot still has a ear that sort of hangs, she can move it but its just a big "different" now.  She also appears to be pregnant.  That means that my st. croix ram that died in the attack may be able to live on through her lambs, lets hope she's pregnant and not just super over weight! And poor Friendly is still chugging along.  The wounds behind his ears have almost healed and hopefully the very slow healing wounds inside his mouth will continue to heal as well.  I will try to update with some pics in the near future!

7 comments:

Doniene said...

Good Idea!!! If we each make weekly updates, we can keep up with each others life with our dogs. I'm going now to make my Thursday post!!

Blessings

Laura Carson said...

Glad to hear your new changes! Being outgoing can be fun, sometimes. :) Good luck with it! I like people, but they drain me. So I'm introverted in my own way. You're a neat person, Kelly, and people will enjoy getting to know you.

I'm also glad to hear that the sheep seem to be recovering. Crossing my fingers that your ewe is preggers!

Kelly said...

Thanks!

Its a stretch for me Laura but I'm going to see how it goes. Being around lots of people drains me as well so we will see how long I can do it :)

Oh I got some new sheep will have to update on them next week. And maybe there will be a mysterious pic of a puppy appearing on here...

Doniene said...

Kelly, Thanks for stopping by!! Yes puppies are fun! Looking forward to seeing your mystery picture! We have Quarter Horses, which are primarily ranch horses, but my husband has a gift for training cutting horses. He hasn't shown in several years, but always enjoys training them.

Have a great weekend!

Kelly said...

I used to train hunter/jumpers for show. Now I just have a few that I bred and are wonderful to have at home.

Robin French said...

You were very outgoing on saturday. :-) Glad you made it over, and you picked the right day. It was frigging cold sunday!

Kelly said...

Yeah I went and worked dogs Sunday morning (they were all great) and then we went some lunch. I was freezing and Tucker was begging to watch a movie so that's what we did!

I'm glad my outgoing-ness was noticed ;) I'm going to keep chugging along with it.