Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Birds and Kittens

Julie, being the kind person that she is, gave Tucker 2 tiny chicks earlier in the spring of this year. Only 1 made it for unknown reasons, the surviving one has been named cornflake....

Tucker loves Cornflake, Cornflake loves the cat crate she grew up in (I guess she is a she). The other black sex link chicks that are just about the same age love the fact that they are in an outside pen with no more cat crates at night (we have bad opposums), Cornflake does not, she will actually choose her crate over being out in the yard....weird bird. But Tucker has taught her to follow him and to sit on his shoulder, he is so proud. Its hard to take a picture of a bird and a boy, so they aren't the best pictures but at least you can see how Cornflake is turning out.










I also have kittens that I really really really need to find homes for and if someone wanted a really good barn cat their mother can go too. Someone dropped her off here pregnant....I don't need anymore cats. So someone PLEASE take them home! Again, moving objects don't do really well in pictures taken by a phone....but you can tell they are kittens, I think?

There are 2 black kittens, here is one of them, they both look the same, one is male, one is female.








Then we have the single striped one....he is a male










Their (is that the right tense?) mother is a smokey blue/grey color, she isn't as docile and tame as the others but is very pretty, I will have her spayed before she goes to another home or goes outside of my house for that matter....

6 comments:

Laura Carson said...

OMG, those are so freaking cute - both the chick (OK, and that's not the tiny chick that I held - I guess they grow, hunh?) and the kittenz. I lurve kittenz. Don't want one, but lurve them.

Kelly said...

Come on Laura, the black one says he really really really wants to be Nick's friend.....

And yes that is the tiny chick that you held!

Unknown said...

Don't tempt me with a little black Moses lookalike!

Love the pictures of Tucker and Cornflake.

Kelly said...

come on Julie, someone take 1 kitten...they are KILLING me, 4 kittens terrorizing my house!! I can bring one tomorrow!!

Darci said...

Oh what fun! A houseful of kittens! I dont envy you, they are cute, but been there done that, and they can be furry little holy terrors! Glad Im so far away, or I might be tempted to help you with your kitty dilema, I wouldnt mind an outside cat for rodent control in the hay shed.

Robin French said...

Hmm, that striped one is cute, and i have a barn...