Thursday, January 19, 2012

TMT 2012 #3

 

1. What is one lesson you've learned this week?
Hmmmmm....Uhhh....my brain is fried, good thing today is my Friday :)

2. Who or what might you have been in another life? What might you be in a next life?
I was probably a horse in another life.  Though my best friend and I, in college, went to one of those psychic readers and she said I was a healer in a past life :) 
In my next life I just want to have lots of money...ha ha no not really.  Being another healer would be great!

3. What unusual things do you like the smell of but don't usually admit?
dirty socks..gross but true, vingear - I could smell it all day, horse poop

4. What are your thoughts on continuing on vs. retiring when a trial run is going badly? How do you decide? Where do you draw the line?
I dont' think I have trialed enough to have a definite answer.  I hope that I would be one who would walk away to help my dog before the sidelines are (Laura!) going OMG go help your dog, but I can't make promises on that.  I don't want to injure anyone's stock so....

5. This is a call for questions or subjects you'd like to talk about - I'd appreciate suggestions (and please come link up so that I'll be sure to see your post), so here's your chance!
I have a few questions...they all stem from things going on in my life :)  And believe it or not it is stuff that isn't going on in the dog world
1. How do you choose a trainer?  By word of mouth?  Watching said trainer work/train?
2. And after choosing a trainer how do you handle those people in your life who dont' believe in that trainer/trainers methods and criticize them to you?
3. Do you believe that a person's personal life should affect your choice of a trainer? (i.e do you believe a person's choice to be a party animal outside of work would affect your choice?)  and did I use the correct form of effect/affect?????
4. When you have a break through moment with your dog, do you feel that moment makes your connect stronger with that dog and makes the next step in training easier? 


And here is a personal plea!  I know some of you that read my blog aren't my facebook friend, so while this is my personal blog i'm going to post this.  (if it offends you let me know!)
I am a national board member of the Brown Dog Foundation (browndogfoundation.org), we have a national fund but without wonderful donors we are going to be out of funding.  Please if you can give, even if its just a dollar, consider giving to Brown Dog!

2 comments:

Laura Carson said...

Great questions, Kelly! I like. And I have NEVER been thinking that about you on the sidelines. :) Promise.

On the flipside I DO think I sometimes retire too soon (with Linc).

Kelly said...

Sorry I'm slow to respond...I was on VACATION!!! Even though vacations are stressful for me :)