Friday, December 9, 2011

TMT a day late :)

We had a ton of things going on yesterday so I didn't get to this, so I guess for me its TMF!!
 
1. What are your plans for the holiday season?
Well my holiday's tend to revolve around family and Tucker.  So we have some stuff planned in that venue.  But honestly I'm trying to keep it stress free!  I plan to work dogs some, work a bit, take some time off, and I've had my Christmas shopping done for the most part since before Thanksgiving!

2. Do you decorate? If so, what have you done so far?
Yes, I do but not much.  We are going to get our tree on Sunday.  We always have a big family trip to the mountains to cut down our own tree which I love and I can't wait.  I have my 2 wreaths down but I haven't hung them yet.

3. a. Favorite recent dog photo? b. Photo that shows your mood today (or one word)?
Ok the photos will have to wait, its hard getting pics with a phone! 
My mood today???  HAPPY!

4. There's been a discussion on the BC Boards about "don't train for the novice classes... just train for open and the rest will fall into place." What are your thoughts on this?
Well since i'm really not a trainer and am still quite the novice I'm not sure.  I mean I know what it entails to get to open and have an idea of the basics of training for that.  But in all honestly I don't "train" my dogs at home.  I need them to do chores and work on the farm (as small as it is).  So my dogs have had to split sheep off of the group before.  And they do gather the sheep out of the back field.  And we do move sheep from paddock to paddock.  So maybe we do train for open we just haven't gotten far enough along to get to open?

5. What are your top five cannot-do-without-them dog items?
Hmmmm.....
leashes - because somehow even though my dogs are rarely on leashes I end up needing one.
papertowels - not really a dog item but I swear if I don't have them someone either barfs in my car or has an accident :(
medication - I always have several with me, cause you know just in case a dog or ME gets sick
crates - I need more crates though, anyone got any for sale
neon green collars - my dogs wouldn't be complete without them
 

4 comments:

Doniene said...

Hadn't thought of neon green collars - can you find the dogs in the dark? LOL I'll bet it is pretty on BCs!!!

Blessings

Kelly said...

My favorite color is neon so all my dogs, except one have neon collars :)

Laura Carson said...

I've always thought the cutting down your own tree thing would be SO much fun. Good luck - find a good un. :)

Kelly said...

We have done it for years and have a great time doing it! Can't wait :)