Thursday, September 15, 2011

Tell Me Thursday

So after my trauma of losing Oliver to hermangiosarcoma, having 1/2 of my lambs stolen and then the super traumatic experience of walking outside to Rottweilers killing my flock of sheep I'm back, maybe I'll keep up with my blog this time.

Here's what Laura wants to know for this week:


1. If you're not at the 2011 Sheepdog finals this weekend what are you planning to do?
2. One item you NEVER walk onto the trial field (any trial field, or training class will suffice) without?
3. Katy wants to know if you have a pre-run ritual that you observe?
4. How old were you when you had your first real kiss?
5. Bonnie wants to know what you do for yard mud control during the winter?

1.If you're not at the 2011 Sheepdog finals this weekend what are you planning to do?
Well Saturday is my birthday so mom and I are coming up to the Raleigh area for a huge tour of farms in that area.  I'm planning to look at some BFLx lambs while I am there and hopefully pick up some great naturally raised food as well.  I might even get to deliver Julie's puppy so that will make me extra happy to have puppy time :)  Sunday if I can borrow a computer I hope to watch some of the finals (we dont' get internet access at my house unless you want to pay like $125/month...i'm just can't justify that)

2. One item you NEVER walk onto the trial field (any trial field, or training class will suffice) without?Well usually its the nice yellow stick I work dogs with.  I don't know why but I feel a need to have it, I rarely use it, but one well know handler with the initals P.S. has used it to anchor me in one place since I tend to want to move with my dog!

3.  Katy wants to know if you have a pre-run ritual that you observe?
Well considering I haven't trialed much no.  I do tend to be very stressed that I am going to miss my run so therefore get my dogs out probably way too early.  But thats just me and my OCD.  Though I think that will come in handy with Jen since she needs to have that tendon warmed up before doing any work.


4. How old were you when you had your first real kiss?
I think 14.  A boy I met at the beach and I remember nothing of it other than it being dark, it was super hot and he wasn't a very good kisser though who can blame him I'm sure it was his first kiss too!

5. Bonnie wants to know what you do for yard mud control during the winter?
Your supposed to control the mud?  Ummm yeah I just don't.  I have a "mud room" which is where dog crates, etc are so I just let the dogs in there, I try to wipe feet and I do a lot of mopping of that floor! 





 

5 comments:

Doniene said...

So sorry to hear about the traumas in your life!! Hope it is going better. Looking forward to getting to know you and learn about your dogs!

Blessings

Pippin, the Gentle Pup said...

Wow, you've had a lot to handle. Glad you're feeling well enough to blog!

Laura Carson said...

You've definately had a rough go lately. Glad you're back to blogging though!

Jealous that you might get first puppy squishins!! lol

Kelly said...

Thanks! I'm just trying to get back to "normal" or should I say what I consider normal.

I am however going to have 3 sheep that are great pets, or either hate people, when I get done treating injuries.

Kelly said...

My blog just don't me I don't have rights to post on my own wall....NICE!!