Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Moving forward....

Lots of things have been going on lately. We have gotten several new chickens because of my egg business literally exploding. Its a good thing and Tucker has named them all. The newest injured hen (bought that way) named Henrietta LOL.

Jen is trucking along in rehab. We are down to only 1 vet visit a week, she is walking 4 times a day for 20 minutes each time. And 1 day a week other that vet visit day I take her soft cast off and she gets to spend the day without anything supporting her leg and she gets to walk without the cast for 15 minutes 2x that day.

Dutch is coming along. He has been out on sheep quite a few times and seems to get better each time. He is a nice looking dog so far and even during an experiment out in JP's field that went wrong he didn't majorly lose his head!

Gael is working nicely for me, I'm trying to learn her whistles better as Spottie would take anything close where Gael won't. We are entered in a trial, starting out in P/N in a few weeks and then the end of next month, pending the first trial goes as plans I have moved us up to Ranch. It will be nice to have her to learn from. I have basically decided to retire Spottie to just farm work, she was getting slower and slower while working in any sort of larger area and just wasn't recovering as well as I thought she should, so its definitely nice that Robin has let me borrow Gael (and good thing she works for me)......Now if only I could find an affordable dog that could definitely take me to open ;)

Other than that nothing around the farm has really changed......more updates to come!

5 comments:

Barbara said...

I am so happy for you all around (although too bad I missed Dutch's Big Adventure in the field). Jen sounds like she is making real progress and is even at the first stages of being free of the cast altogether!!
Eggcellent chicken name. :)

Kelly said...

Oh the field adventure was tiring!! But he worked quite well after that!

Jen is coming along, its a slow process but at least I can see progress now.

Henrietta is a cool hen, although appears to be blind in one eye, hopefully we can get her back to good health!

Emily said...

Go Jen! See you and Gael soon!

Robin French said...

Looking forward to the Kelly/Gael debut!

Kelly said...

I'm thinking *no one* should watch our debut incase its disastrous LOL.