Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Clinics

My dog Jen and myself participated in the Jack Knox clinic at Julie P's a few weeks ago. I saw a lot of things, learned a lot of things, and met a lot of wonderful people. I have to say though, there is a striking resembalance between horse people and working dog people, so much that it's amusing.

I grew up in the horse "world" showing hunters and jumpers both locally and on the east coast. Even managed to get a scholorship and ride on the varisty equestrian team for 3 years, those 3 years we won the national championship (not saying I had ANY part in this). I guess you could say I'm an accomplished equestrian, but that isn't what this is about!! I just got into the working dog world. I have noticed that there are a lot of horse people in this as well, which could be considered a good and bad thing!

I won't go into detail but the similiarites are amazing. I mean amazing. Now I don't think the politics are quite as bad as they are in the horse world, but I haven't been into working dogs for very long, so I may change my stand on this eventually. So I almost feel comfortable in this situation, the people are different but the situations are much the same.

No comments: